JOIN OUR FRIENDLY TEAM
Tour Guide / Driver
Hike & Seek
Tourism Tour Guides
About the business
Hike & Seek combines nature, travel, nutrition and good times into a road tripping experience like no other. Our intimate, laid-back hiking adventures and tours are designed for nature loving folk. Each tour has been carefully crafted to include hidden beaches and rainforest trails, pristine viewpoints and rewarding hikes suitable for just about everyone.
About the role
We are seeking energetic and passionate candidates who share a common love and respect for the outdoors and can offer our guests a unique and unforgettable experience while maintaining the highest quality of customer service.
If you're able to fit into a great team environment, but are still able to work autonomously you might be the person we're looking for!
The job involves long days, and you will be required to share the weekend work with other team members, as our tours operate 7 days a week. The good news is that you can expect to have three/four days off a week and still work full-time hours
- Pleasant manner and ability to relate well to people of all ages
- Neat presentation
- Outgoing personality
- Sound driving skills
- High level of customer service
- Even temperament
- Previous experience in travel industry desirable
- Previous experience in dealing with groups of people desirable
Benefits and perks
Our small group experiences (maximum 8 guests per vehicle) allows for a more intimate and personal experience.
- The satisfaction of delivering a 'once in a lifetime experience' like no other to visitors to Melbourne
- Drive our brand new VW Caravelle vehicles which offer exceptional levels of comfort, reliability and safety.
- Our vans can be driven under standard car licences
- Full training
- Flexible working conditions across a 7 day week
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to become involved in all aspects of the business if desired
- We are located in the suburb of Caulfield North.
Skills and experience
We are passionate about guiding and our incredible National Parks. We are looking for talented individuals to join us as driver/guides who share the same passion.
- Exceptional, demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Experience in customer relations or service orientated roles.
- Natural storytellers – high levels of general knowledge
- Vitality – some tours are long days
- Attention to detail and acute awareness of the guest experience
- Exceptional reliability, driving record and willingness to take on responsibility
- Professional presentation
Direct small group guiding experience highly regarded. We are highly focused on personality, life experiences and passion and provide extensive training to the right people.
Please do not apply unless the following are in place:
- Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria Driver Accreditation
- Provide First Aid (Level 2) - can be in progress
If you are interested in applying for available roles, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org